- 2 red onions 1 thinly sliced, 1 finely chopped
- 2 limes juice of 1 and 1 cut into wedges
- 1½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- 400 g can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 4 corn tortillas
- 140 g radish thinly sliced
- Large handful coriander roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the sliced onion, lime juice and seasoning in a bowl, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a pan and fry the chopped onion and garlic until tender. Stir in the cumin and fry for 1 min more. Add the tomato purée, chipotle paste and beans, stir, then tip in half a can of water. Simmer for 5 mins, season, then roughly mash to a purée. (You can cook for a few mins more if it is a bit runny, or add a few splashes of water to thin.)
- Meanwhile, brush the tortillas with the remaining oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 mins until crisp. Spread the tortillas with the bean mixture. Mix the radishes and coriander with the pickled onions, then spoon on top. Serve with lime wedges.