Beluga Lentil Salad
- 500 g puy or beluga lentils
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- splash balsamic vinegar
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 150 g sundried tomato in oil
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2-3 tsp salt to taste
- Place lentils in a large, wide pan and completely cover with hot tap water, put on medium-high heat, bring to boil then simmer for 20-40 mins, stirring every 5 mins. Check they do not boil dry, add more water if necessary.
- While the lentils are cooking, prepare the rest.
- Slice the red onions thinly, place into a salad bowl, sprinkle with the salt and add the vinegars and oil. Stir to combine.
- Finely chop the sundried tomato and add to the onions.
- De-seed & core the peppers and slice into quarters and then thin strips
- Coarsely chop the parsley and add.
- When the lentils are fully cooked but still retain a slight bite, drain immediately into colander and rinse with cold water, then add to the rest of the ingredients. Stir well and check for seasoning.