- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tin baked beans
- 200 g red lentils
- 1 block smoked tofu cubed
- Sage and black pepper to season
- 6 medium potatoes cooked and mashed
- Cook up the potatoes, and whilst they are cooking fry up the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Put the remaining ingredients into a pan, cover with water, stir and bring to the boil, simmering for 25 mins. Keep topping up the water so it just covers everything. Take off the heat, put in a oven-proof dish, pile the mash on top, and pop in a heated oven till the potatoes brown.
- This is a good time to prepare the veg. Serve with a pile of steamed shredded greens (Place the leaves on top of each other, roll up and shred very thinly, steaming for a couple of minutes.)