- 1 kg potatoes very thinly sliced
- 3 large onions halved and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tins tomatoes
- 2 tsp oregano
- 60 g tomato puree
- 120 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine onions, potatoes and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, beat together remaining ingredients plus 50ml water. Pour over veg mixture and coat well. Adjust seasoning.
- Spread in a large baking dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake 30 minutes in 200°C oven. Remove foil and bake 45 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.