Adapted from ‘Oh She Glows’.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tin chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp smoked (or regular) paprika
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. tahini or houmous
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Water or unsweetened almond milk
- Olive oil and salt
- Handful diced cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Toss chickpeas with 1 tbsp oil and spices and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place scrubbed & halved (lengthwise) sweet potatoes face-down on top. Bake 25min at 200C.
- Meanwhile, whisk together tahini/houmous, lemon, garlic and dill.
- Add just enough water/milk to make it pourable. Adjust ingredients to taste. Toss together topping ingredients and set aside.
- Once sweet potatoes are fork tender and the chickpeas are golden brown, remove from oven.
- To serve, turn potatoes face-up, smash insides a bit, top with chickpeas, dressing and tomatoes.
Enjoy with chilli sauce if desired, and a selection of sides
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!