Sweet Coconut Tapioca Soup with Bananas
This is a desert soup. Maybe it's best not to think of it as a soup at all. Can be eaten hot, at room temp, or chilled. The cooler the soup gets, the thicker it becomes.
- 2 cups water
- 1 can coconut milk
- Tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup uncooked granulated tapioca
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large ripe bananas quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp sesame seeds toasted (optional)
- Bring the water and coconut milk to the boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the tapioca and salt. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in bananas and maple syrup. Remove from heat, cover and stand for 15 minutes. Serve warm or chill for three hours. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!