Serves 2, or 4 as a side dish
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 4 large cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 3- inch piece ginger grated
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 large lemon zested and juiced (about 2 Tbsp juice)
- 1 dried hot red chilli or dash of red chilli flakes optional
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 450 g baby spinach or chard
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Heat oil in a large pan over med-high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 mins. Add the garlic, ginger, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon zest, and chilli.
- Add the chickpeas and cook over high heat for a few mins until they are coated with the onion and garlic mixture.
- Toss in the spinach, one handful at a time. When all the spinach has been added, pour in the coconut milk, salt, ground ginger, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and cook for 10 mins. Taste and add more salt and lemon juice, if necessary.
- Serve hot over roasted sweet potatoes, with coriander.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!