- 450 g fresh Jerusalem artichokes
- 400 g cooked chickpeas
- 4-5 garlic cloves - skins removed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C Peel the artichokes then rinse them under cold water. Wrap them tightly in foil, along with the garlic cloves and roast on a baking tray for 40-50 minutes until they are very soft.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place the tahini and lemon juice into a bowl and blend. Then add the roasted artichokes, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed by adding more lemon juice, salt, pepper or cumin. If the texture is not creamy enough, add some water, one tablespoon at a time, until you reach the perfect consistency