A deli staple from years past. Makes ~35 balls, freeze some if desired (before rolling in almonds).
- 200 g flaked almonds
- 200 g chopped dates
- 200 g raisins
- 150 g porridge oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp almond essence
- 175 g big spoons peanut butter
- 100 ml maple syrup or less
- Ground almonds for rolling
- Blitz almonds, dates, raisins in food processor until start to break up. Add cinnamon, almond essence & peanut butter and blitz again until well mixed. Add oats & blitz again until mixture starts to bind together.
- Add maple syrup slowly, until mix becomes wet enough to form balls. (You may not need 100ml.) Roll into balls. Roll in ground almonds. Chill.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!