- large aubergine
- Glug of olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate syrup
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- a small garlic clove crushed and minced
- dash of sweet syrup maple, date
- 1/2 tsp salt
- chopped parsley
- fresh mint and pomegranate seeds optional
- Slice big aubergine 1cm slices. Preheat your oven to 180C. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil. Spread slices on the sheet in a single layer and brush with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake 12 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer slices, overlapping slightly, to a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, combine pomegranate syrup, lemon juice, garlic clove, syrup, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and salt. Blend well.
- Drizzle over the aubergine. Top with fine chopped parsley. If in season some fresh mint leaves and fresh pomegranate seeds can be added. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve at room temperature.