Could not be easier!
- 1 medium onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Fresh or dry herbs of your choice e.g. 1 tsp each basil and oregano, and 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- Chop onion and garlic, then fry for a couple of minutes. Add a tin of tomatoes and herbs, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Season to taste.
- Fry fennel seeds with the garlic.
- Add chopped sun dried tomatoes or a glass of red wine with the tin of tomatoes.
- Add one or more of the following at the end: chopped olives, a handful of rocket, sauteed veg of your choice, a couple tablespoons of soya cream/yogurt... the possibilities are endless!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!