Beet Tart Tatin
- 500 g beetroot scrubbed and chopped into large chunks if not small
- 25 g margarine or deodorised coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple or other syrup
- Salt and pepper
- Ready-made rough puff pastry
- Green tops from a few spring onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Melt olive oil and marg/coconut together in large ovenproof dish at 190C. Add beetroot, syrup & vinegar. Season and stir. Cover with foil and bake at 190C for 30-40 min (to tender).
- If making pastry: Mix flour with salt. Add fat. Add just enough water to bring together. On a floured surface, shape into a rectangle, roll to about 1cm thick and fold into thirds. Turn ¼ and repeat the rolling and folding five more times. Wrap and rest in fridge 30min.
- When beetroot is cooked, arrange neatly in dish. Roll pastry larger than dish and place it over, tucking in any excess. Bake 20-25min to golden.
- Shake together vinaigrette ingredients in jam jar.
- Rest tart a few minutes after baking. Carefully and quickly turn over onto a plate. Pour over vinaigrette and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!