- 1 Tbsp ground linseed & 3 Tbsp water
- 200 g flour try half spelt and half white
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 190 ml apple juice
- 100 g cooked beetroot finely grated
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- Pinch salt
- Oil for frying
- Whisk together linseed and water and set aside 10 minutes.
- Whisk together dry ingredients. Add flax and juice, stirring just to combine. Fold in beetroot.
- Heat oil over med-high heat. Place spoonful of batter in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes until bubbles start to appear and edges dry out. Flip and cook a few more minutes.
- For maximum fluffiness, don’t press down or flip back!
- Serve hot, straight to the table from the pan with coconut oil and maple syrup, fresh fruit or toppings of choice.