- 250 g black turtle beans
- 2 large onions
- 1—2 tsp Diced dried chipotle chillies
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 litre of water or more if necessary
- First, soak beans overnight, then cook in plenty of water.
- Chop the onion and pepper and cook with the chipotle chillies and olive oil, stirring frequently. When the onions are cooked, add the cumin and paprika, stirring continuously. Then add the black beans.
- Season with the vegetable cube, salt and pepper.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, guacamole, salsa or a green salad.