- 200 g spelt or try buckwheat, quinoa, maftoul or another grain
- 500 g radishes with greens well rinsed
- 30 g Vegan Block
- 120 ml veg stock or water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 handfuls cooked chickpeas or white beans (optional for a heartier dish)
- 60 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 handful chopped black olives and/or crumbled Green Vie Feta
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Soak spelt 3-4 hours, then cook in salted boiling water to tender but slightly chewy, 20-25 minutes, and drain. (If using another grain, cook as you normally would.)
- Trim the radishes. Ensure greens are dry, then coarsely chop. Halve the radishes.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, melt the Vegan block. Cook radishes in a single layer, cut sides down, 4-5 minutes until bottoms start to brown. Stir, then add the broth, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 12-15 minutes until the radishes are tender.
- Uncover, return the heat to medium-high, and stir in the radish greens. Cook 2-3 minutes, until they wilt and the liquid reduces slightly. Turn off the heat, add the spelt (and pulses if using) and toss to combine.
- Drizzle with the vinegar, sprinkle with the olives, vegan feta and parsley, and serve warm or room temperature.