- 200 g wholemeal/spelt flour
- 300 g jumbo oats
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp each cinnamon nutmeg and allspice
- 120 ml rice or agave syrup
- 40 g molasses
- 1-2 carrots and 1 apple coarsely grated
- 130 ml coconut oil
- 130 g chopped dried fruit
- 130 g chopped nuts or seeds toasted for extra flavour
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix together flour, oats, bicarb, salt and spices. Mix through dried fruits and nuts. Mix through wet ingredients. Mix through grated carrot/apple etc.
- Oil baking sheets and form the mix into rounds (or make a big sausages 3-4” diameter, cut into ½-¾” rounds, then squished down).
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15-20min or until just starting to set and turn golden