- 2 Tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 250 g buckwheat groats toasted 6-8 minutes
- 750 ml boiling water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500 g cooked beetroot grated
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Soya yoghurt to serve
- Saute onion 5 mins, then garlic 1 min, then add toasted buckwheat, boiling water, salt & pepper. Cover & simmer 15-20 mins until buckwheat soft but not mushy. Fold in grated beetroot & heat through. Taste for salt & pepper, stir in dill, and serve hot with soy yoghurt.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!