- 1 medium to large onion chopped
- 2-4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 sliced carrots
- 1 tin butter beans or 120g to 180g dried beans soaked over night & cooked
- Large pinch mixed herbs
- 285 ml vegetable stock
- 140 ml dry cider
- Salt & pepper
- Corn flour or plain flour mixed into a paste with a bit of water (optional)
- Fry onions and garlic. Add the carrots & sauté for approx. 5 mins.
- Add stock, cider, butter beans, herbs, salt & pepper. Bring to the boil. Add corn flour to thicken if necessary, or plain flour mixed with water.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish, do not cover, bake for 45 mins—1 hour gas mark 5, 180 C.