- 1-2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 bunch coriander stalks chopped and leaves reserved
- 1 ½ inches root ginger finely chopped
- ½ butternut squash peeled, seeded, and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 hot red chilli chopped
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 3 tsp tamarind paste
- salt to taste
- Saute onion and garlic in oil over low heat, 10-15 mins until soft.
- Add other ingredients, except coriander leaves, cover and simmer 20-30 mins until squash is tender.
- Check seasoning and if desired, add more tamarind, salt or even a dash of agave or other syrup.
- Sprinkle on coriander leaves and serve with plain rice.