- 300 g celeriac, about ½ head, peeled and coarsely grated
- 200 g cabbage or carrot or beetroot or a mixture, coarsely grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard juice of ½ lemon, 4-5 tbsp mayo (or half mayo, half soya yoghurt)
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin Puy lentils, drained, a handful of chopped parsley, 1 tbsp toasted caraway seeds, or a handful of mixed toasted seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, poppy) or walnuts
- First, whisk together dressing ingredients. Then prepare the celeriac and mix it straight in before it gets a chance to brown. Mix in the cabbage (plus any extra ingredients), taste for seasoning and serve.