Chai-spiced Pumpkin Slice
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple or other syrup to taste
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup pitted dates chopped (to taste)
- Line an 8"x8" baking pan with parchment paper.
- For crust: Pulse oats, pumpkin seeds, coconut, cinnamon & salt in processor until finely ground. Add dates and process until well combined and sticky.
- The mixture may look crumbly, but should hold together when pinched. If necessary, add more dates. Press dough firmly & evenly into pan. Place the pan in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- For filling: Combine pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, and spices in food processor. Blend to smooth.
- Add coconut flour and blend to combine. Adjust sweetener as desired.
- Remove pan from freezer and pour filling on top, spreading it out evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Lift the bars out of the pan using the parchment paper edges. Use a chef's knife to cut the bars, wiping the knife clean between cuts. Serve chilled.