- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 to 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup oil organic canola or safflower or extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp chickpea flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp almond flour ground almonds
- a good pinch of salt
- ⅓ to ½ cup chocolate pieces
- Mix the flax seed with 1.5 tbsp water and let it sit for 5 mins. Add the syrup, molasses, vanilla extract and oil, mix until well combined.
- Add ¾ cup flour and the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until the mixture is a stiff batter. Fold in the chocolate pieces and refrigerate for at least an hour. Preheat the oven to 180 c.
- Use a spoon to scoop out mixture and shape into 1.5 inch balls.
- Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with extra coarse salt for salted flavour. Bake for 12 to 13 mins or until cookies have spread and are starting to turn golden on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 mins.