- 340 g Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 50 g Cocoa Powder
- 150-200 g Molasses depending on taste
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- 2 ripe mashed Bananas
- 360 ml Coconut milk or coconut solids plus hot water
- 9 tsp Sunflower oil
- 100 g Dark Chocolate
- 50-100 ml Cointreau or Grand Marnier or orange juice
- 1 tsp Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- Place muffin cases into muffin tray & turn on the oven.
- Sieve flour, baking powder & cocoa powder into a bowl.
- Add molasses into the bowl and mix it well with a wooden spoon.
- Separately, add Coconut milk into a bowl with the dark chocolate & Cointreau/Grand Marnier, placing it over a simmering saucepan of water until all is melted.
- Mix wet & dry ingredients together (don’t mix too much).
- Put cake mix into muffin tins and bake at Gas 4 or 180C for 25 minutes. Check a chopstick comes out clean before removing from oven.
- For an extra treat: chuck in some chocolate chips or nuts!