- 275 g mixed dried fruit
- 300 ml strong black Earl Grey tea
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 90ml water, left for 15 minutes to form a gel
- 275 g plain flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Grease and line a 900g loaf tin. Preheat oven to 170C.
- Put dried fruit and tea together in a saucepan and bring just to the boil, simmer one minute. Let cool slightly. Add zest and flax gel, and stir.
- Separately, combine the flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to tea, stir lightly to combine.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until golden and springs back.