Slow cooking makes this dish. Serve with Ethiopian Red Lentils and injera flatbread or rice.
- 2 onions chopped
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 bulb garlic peeled and minced
- 5 cm piece ginger peeled and minced
- 1 tsp turmeric salt to taste
- 3 carrots chopped in 1/2cm cubes
- 3 potatoes chopped in in 1cm cubes
- 1 small head white cabbage chopped
- 400 ml water
- Sweat onions slowly with oil until very soft, 15-20 min. Add garlic, ginger and turmeric and cook until fragrant, 5 min. Add the rest of the vegetables to the pan and cook over a low heat until soft and sweet, adding the water bit by bit. Takes around an hour. Salt to taste.
Thanks to Mazi Mas and the Guardian.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!