- 100 g farro
- 2 red peppers
- 10 marinated pitted black olives quartered lengthways
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano or picked thyme leaves
- 3 spring onions
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika plus extra for serving
- 1/2 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Put the farro in a pot of boiling water and simmer until just tender. Strain, refresh and leave to dry.
- Meanwhile, prepare the peppers by cutting around the stalk and lifting out the seeds. Place them on an oven tray under a very hot grill and char them, turning until they are totally black on the outside (should take approx 30 mins). Remove from the oven and cover with foil. Once cool, peel the peppers and tear the flesh into 1cm wide strips.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Put the farro in a big bowl and add the peppers, olives, oregano & spring onions.
- Pour over the dressing and gently mix together. Taste, and add more salt if you like. Sprinkle the remainder of the paprika on top & serve.