- 200 g margarine
- 1 dessert spoon blackstrap molasses
- 150 g rice syrup
- 400 g rolled oats
- 100 g your own mix of sunflower seeds, sultanas and chopped cashew nuts
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Set oven to Gas Mark 4 /180C.
- Melt the margarine in a large saucepan.
- Add the rice syrup and blackstrap molasses and dissolve gently. Add the vanilla essence.
- Gradually stir in the oats, sunflower seeds, sultanas and cashew nuts. Mix well.
- Brush a 20cm x 30cm baking tray with oil and press the oat mixture down firmly into the tray. Bake in the oven for about 35mins until the top is lightly browned.
- When cooked allow to cool slightly and then cut into 12 pieces. Leave to cool completely and then remove from the baking tray.