- 200 g margarine
- 1 dessert spoon blackstrap molasses
- 150 g rice syrup
- 400 g rolled oats
- 100 g your own mix of sunflower seeds, sultanas and chopped cashew nuts
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Set oven to Gas Mark 4 /180C.
- Melt the margarine in a large saucepan.
- Add the rice syrup and blackstrap molasses and dissolve gently. Add the vanilla essence.
- Gradually stir in the oats, sunflower seeds, sultanas and cashew nuts. Mix well.
- Brush a 20cm x 30cm baking tray with oil and press the oat mixture down firmly into the tray. Bake in the oven for about 35mins until the top is lightly browned.
- When cooked allow to cool slightly and then cut into 12 pieces. Leave to cool completely and then remove from the baking tray.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!