- 2 carrots grated
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1 orange zest and juice
- 75 g porridge oats
- 150 g plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 125 g raisins
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- Preheat oven at Gas Mark5/190C/375F & grease a loaf tin.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, and spices into a bowl, add the oats, grated carrots, raisins and zest. Mix together.
- Mix oil, orange juice and vanilla essence together.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and stir well together. Add the mashed bananas and stir thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into the tin and place in the oven for an hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for 15 minutes before taking out of the tin and cooling on a cake rack.