- 150 g Hodmedod’s fava bean flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 150 g margarine
- 150 ml maple syrup
- 125 ml dairy free yogurt
- 150 g raw sweet potato grated
- 50 g creamed coconut
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking powder & ground ginger. In a medium bowl, cream the margarine. Add the syrup, yogurt and flour mixture, and stir until combined. Fold in the sweet potato and pour into the loaf tin.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes before leaving to cool.
- While the cake is cooling, melt together the creamed coconut and maple syrup. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and zest. Ice the cake before serving.