Delicious, pretty and not too tricky. Serves 4. Thanks to Ottlolenghi.
- 150 g couscous
- 160 ml boiling water or stock
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 50 g pistachios shelled & toasted
- 3 spring onion finely sliced
- 1 fresh green chilli* thinly sliced
- 30 g rocket chopped
For Herb Paste (adjust based on what fresh herbs you have to hand!) For example:
- 20 g flat-leaf parsley
- 20 g coriander
- 2 tbs each tarragon, dill and mint
- 90 ml olive oil
- Add boiling water/stock to couscous. Cover and stand 10minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in olive oil for 10 minutes until golden and soft. Add salt & cumin, mix and leave to cool.
- Blitz all Herb Paste ingredients until smooth. Mix with couscous.
- Fluff couscous with a fork, then gently mix in remaining ingredients.
- Serve at room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!