- 100 g Polenta
- 400 ml water
- ¼ stock cube & a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped sunblushed tomatoes
- 250 g mixed mushrooms: flat chestnut, oyster etc
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tsp ground black pepper & a pinch of salt
- Handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
- Bring water & stock to boil. Add Polenta in a steady stream and stir vigorously.
- Add cayenne & continue to cook/stir for 3-5 minutes on medium heat (watch out for bubbles!).
- Take off the heat and add herbs/tomatoes and pour into a dish so the mixture sets approximately 3 cm thick. Leave to cool.
- Cut into slices, brush with olive oil and grill until golden.
- Sauté the mushrooms in olive oil, garlic and chilli until the juices run. Season with salt & pepper then toss with the flat leaf parsley and spoon on top of the grilled polenta.