- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Macsween vegetarian haggis 500g
- 2 tbsps Unicorn gravy mix
- 750 g potatoes
- 40 ml soya milk
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Large knob of margarine & olive oil
- Peel potatoes and bring to boil in a large pan of salted water. Reduce temperature slightly, and cook for 12-15 mins or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add onions, cook 4-5 mins until softened slightly. Add carrots and cook a further 10 mins. Stir through the peas and crumble in the veggie haggis. Mix together thoroughly, and pour into a suitable dish.
- Mix the gravy powder mix with a little cold water into a smooth paste, and top up with 750ml hot water. Pour into dish over the haggis.
- Drain potatoes in colander, and immediately add soya milk, marg and mustard to the pan (off the heat). Stir until marg melts, and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Return the potatoes to the pan and mash well.
- Spoon or pipe the mash onto the haggis mix. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil. Bake in the oven at 180C/Gas Mark 5 for 30-40 mins. Serve with extra gravy.