- 120 g Wheat Gluten Flour
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 125 ml cold vegetable stock
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Extra vegetable stock and soy sauce for simmering broth.
- Fill a large pan with vegetable stock and a generous splash of soya sauce, bring to the boil and simmer.
- In the meantime in a large bowl, mix together the flour and yeast. In a measuring jug mix together the cold stock, soy sauce, lemon juice and olive oil. Pour wet into dry and mix until a dough is formed.
- Use your hands to knead the dough for 3 minutes, until elasticated. Divide into 3 equal pieces and simmer in the broth for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked the seitan can be sliced, baked or fried and added to your favourite dishes for extra tasty, textured protein