- 150 g yellow pea or gram flour
- 200 g fava bean flour
- 800 ml cold water
- 1 tsp salt & black pepper or to taste
- 60 ml olive oil
- Put flour in mixing bowl. Add water gradually while whisking to keep lumps from forming. Mix until completely smooth and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Let the stand 3 hours or so. Skim off any froth from the surface with a slotted spoon. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Pour olive oil into large, deep baking tray (you may need two). Pour in batter to about ¼” deep.
- Lift carefully into oven and bake 30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool a little before cutting & serving.
- Serve with topping(s) of choice, including: pesto, tomato sauce, chutney, or greens or mushrooms sauted with chilli and garlic.