- Pasta for 4 people
- 100 g kale (curly / Russian) or spinach / Swiss chard or Cavolo Nero
- 2 cloves garlic peeled & crushed
- handful pine nuts
- 3 tbsp soya yoghurt or creme fraiche
- 50 g parmazano
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg optional
- Pinch of salt
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently saute the garlic for 2 minutes.
- Wash the kale well and chop roughly. Add to the garlic pan. Cover and cook for 2 minutes, until the kale starts to wilt.
- Put the pine nuts in a food processor / blender and blitz until smooth. Add the soya yoghurt and nutmeg, if using. Blitz again. Add the and garlic. Process until smooth.
- Season with the salt and parmazano. Mix well.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain well.
- Add the kale pesto to the pasta in the pan and mix well. Serve warm with a crispy green salad.