Luxury Hazelnut Chocolates
- 60 g rolled oats
- 40 g toasted hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 130 g dates soaked in hot water for 20 minutes
- 50 g hazelnut or another butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp hazelnut or another milk
- 30 g whole toasted hazelnuts skinned (for rolling)
- 120 g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 60 g toasted hazels for coating
- Process oats, 40g hazels, cocoa, coffee and salt as finely as possible. Add dates, nut butter, vanilla and milk, and blend to smooth.
- Placing one hazelnut in the centre, roll a teaspoon of batter into a ball. Repeat until all mixture is used up. Place in freezer ~1 hour.
- Melt dark chocolate (chopped) with coconut oil over hot water. Blitz remaining hazels coarsely, add half to chocolate.
- Working quickly, dip chilled chocolates into melted mixture and coat evenly. Place on parchment covered tray and sprinkle with remaining chopped hazels while chocolate is still warm. Set in fridge. Enjoy!