Masala Chai Spice Mix
- 50 g or about 9-10 Tablespoons black tea leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 10 green cardamom pods seeds only
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 tbps black peppercorns
- 1½ teaspoons fennel seeds
- ½ of a whole nutmeg
- 1½ tsp mace
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- Add black tea to airtight container.
- Using a pestle & mortar, pound cinnamon into small chips. Add to tea.
- Gently pound cardamom seeds, cloves, peppercorns, fennel seeds, and nutmeg in the mortar. You want to break them up and release the oils, but not turn them to powder. Add to container with mace.
- Finely chop the vanilla pod and add to the tea.
- Shake until well combined and seal.