A simple and tasty salad for serving warm or cold. Millet is gluten free and has a lovely nutty flavour if you haven't tried it!
- 200 g millet
- 750 ml vegetable stock or water
- 7-8 mushrooms roughly chopped
- 2 red peppers roughly chopped
- 2-3 courgettes thickly sliced
- 2 bulbs fennel thickly sliced
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme or rosemary
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon juice only
- 8 sundried or sunblushed tomatoes in oil chopped
- 75 g - 100g pitted olives chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200C. Mix together chopped veg, garlic, oil, thyme/rosemary sprigs and a little black pepper. Roast ~40min until soft and charred on the edges, stirring once or twice. Remove from oven and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, toast millet in a dry pan 3-5min to light brown. Add stock, bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer ~25min.
- Fluff millet with a fork and stir through roasted veg, sun-dried tomatoes and olives. Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar, season with salt and pepper and stir in chopped herbs.
- Delicious served warm with fresh salad leaves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!