- 200 g spelt grain
- 2 or 3 courgettes thickly sliced
- 2 red peppers roughly chopped
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 2 bulbs of fennel thickly sliced
- 7 or 8 mushrooms roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 or 3 sprigs of thyme or rosemary
- 8 sundried or sunblushed tomatoes in oil chopped
- 75 g - 100g pitted olives chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper and lemon juice to taste
- 1 bunch basil or flat leaf parsley chopped
- Soak spelt 3-4 hours. Rinse, drain and bring to a boil with plenty of water. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C. Mix veg and garlic with olive oil, thyme/rosemary & black pepper. Roast 40min until soft & charred at the edges, stirring 1-2 times. Add a squeeze of lemon when done.
- Stir spelt into hot roasted veg, with sundried tomatoes and olives. Drizzle over balsamic vinegar and season with more pepper. Return to the oven for 5 minutes if serving warm.
- Stir in the herbs and serve warm or cold with fresh salad leaves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!