- 1 spring onion thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 400 g tin black beans drained & rinsed
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 140 g brown rice
- Small handful fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 lime
- ½ red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 vine tomatoes diced
- ½ tin sweetcorn drained and rinsed
- ½ avocado chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add spring onion, garlic & spices and cook 1-2 mins. Add beans, stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat simmer for 25 mins stirring occasionally.
- Cook rice then stir in coriander and the juice of ½ the lime and season.
- Serve beans on top of rice with the pepper, tomatoes and sweetcorn with avocado and a lime wedge on the side.