- 100 g oats
- 750 ml - 1 L water
- 1 –2 tbsp maple syrup or 1–2 Medjool dates optional
- A pinch of salt optional
- Soak the oats in water for at least 30 minutes. I usually soak them overnight, but that’s not necessary.
- Drain the oats and rinse them. Discard the soaking water.
- Add the oats, 3 to 4 cups of clean water (750 ml-1 liter) and all the remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add more or less water depending on how thick you like your oat milk.
- Strain the milk using a muslin cloth.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
• I usually make unsweetened oat milk so I can use it to make savory and sweet recipes.
• Salt is optional, but it enhances the flavour.
• To make the milk, use 3 cups of water (750 ml), try it and then add more water until you get the taste and thickness you’re looking for.