This delicious pak choi recipe takes just a few minutes and makes a warming evening meal. Combining the pak choi with tofu, mushrooms and beansprouts in a stir fry sauce gives a lovely mixture of soft and crunchy textures. But you don’t have to stick to these ingredients, experiment with whatever takes your fancy, or most importantly, what’s in your fridge!
- 250 g pack firm tofu
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms or other closed cup variety
- 100 g fresh sprouted beans / pulses / seeds
- 250 g pak choi
- 2 tsp syrup optional
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Wash & dry the pak choi. Shred the leaves and finely cut the stalks, keeping them separate. Then wipe and slice the mushrooms and finally cut the tofu into cubes.
- Heat some oil in a wok and add the mushrooms, tofu and pak choi stalks. Cook for 5 minutes, until tender, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, mix together the soy sauce, syrup and sesame seeds to make the sauce. Add the pak choi leaves to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, until slightly wilted.
- Add the bean sprouts and the sauce. Mix well so everything is coated. Serve immediately over some brown rice or noodles.
Adapted from www.vegbox-recipes.co.uk or Google ‘tofu stir fry’ to watch how it’s done by the experts.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!