A November staple. Make ahead of time as it improves with keeping - after a few days it's wonderfully moist and sticky, and rich in flavour (but can start out a on the dry side).
- 200 g margarine
- 200 ml rice syrup
- 85 ml molasses
- 60 ml date syrup
- 100 g oatmeal
- 250 g self raising flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 4 tbsp non-dairy milk
- Heat the oven to 160C. Grease and line a 9-inch square baking tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the syrups and margarine in a pan, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Mix together the oatmeal, flour and ginger. Pour in the syrup mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir through the milk before pouring the mixture into the baking tin.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. Cool in the tin and then wrap in foil and parchment. Leave for up to 2 weeks before eating.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!