- 250 g Parsnips peeled & chopped
- 200 g Stoned Dates chopped roughly
- 100 g Margarine
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 300 g Self Raising Flour & 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 Bananas pureed
- 150 ml Syrup for a sweeter cake Optional
- Pre–heat Oven at 170° C.
- Put dates in a saucepan, cover with water & leave until dates start to dissolve, then add Vanilla, Marg, Bananas (and Syrup), and Cinnamon. Take off heat once marg has melted.
- Boil parsnips until tender, drain and blend or mash. Add date mixture & blend again (or mix thoroughly).
- Sift Flour and Bicarbonate of Soda & mix. Add slowly to
- Parsnip mix, adding water if the mixture is too dry. When finished, whisk. The mixture should be dropping (not runny or dry).
- Bake in greased cake tin preheated 170°c oven for ~1 hour. Check after 30 mins as ovens vary. The outside should be crusty & the inside moist.