- 200 g Ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 100 ml white wine vinegar
- 25 g sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil. Once all the sugar and salt has dissolved into the vinegar, turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- Peel the ginger and slice into 1.5mm thick slices
- Cover with water, add the ½ tsp of salt to the ginger and leave 5 mins, and boil 2mins
- Cool the ginger down, squeeze all the water out and then add the 1 tbsp vinegar.
- Put ginger in dressing and leave 2~3 hours.
- Put in a sterilised jar and keep in fridge.
- ***You can add radishes or beetroots if you want and will turn it into pinky ginger. ****