- 1 large cauliflower cut into florets
- 500 g new potatoes halved
- 1 large red onion finely chopped
- 1 jar creamed basil
- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 100 ml olive oil and a little extra
- Pinch of salt
- 150 g walnuts or pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and place the cauliflower florets onto a baking tray. Drizzle with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt and roast for 20 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the potatoes until soft. Drain and leave to cool.
- Once the cauliflower and potatoes are cool, put them into a large bowl and stir the rest of the ingredients except for the nuts. Heat a frying pan and toast the walnuts/pine nuts for a few minutes. Top the salad with them and serve