- 1 1/2 cups white spelt flour can be substituted for gluten-free flour, regular flour, whole-wheat
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 orange for zest and juice
- 2 ‘eggs’ Use No Egg Powder
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans
How to make Pumpkin Puree:
- Wash a small pumpkin and cut into 4 chunks. Remove seeds and pulp.
- Rub cinnamon onto pumpkin chunks.
- Place on a baking tray, cut side down and cover with foil. Pierce foil a few times to let out steam.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until tender when pierced.
- Allow to cool completely and remove skin with a knife, then blend until smooth.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf pan with baking parchment.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1 tsp orange zest together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the ‘eggs’, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, 3 tbps orange juice, maple syrup and vanilla together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together until combined.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan and sprinkle with crushed pecans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan.