Pumpkin Pie Cheescake
- 1 medium pumpkin approx. 1.25kg (approx 500g cooked)
- 2 tablespoons of light oil e.g. sunflower, for baking the pumpkin
- 280 g pack of plain tofu drained
- 6-8 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons of molasses
- 2 tsp each vanilla essence. cinnamon ground ginger, allspice
- Pinch of salt dash soya milk
For the base
- 200 g plain biscuits (or hazelnut, or another flavour of your choice)
- 50 g vegan marg or butter
Crush biscuits, mix with marg and press into cheesecake tin.
Crumble tofu into food processor bowl. Add syrup & blend on high until creamy. Scrape pumpkin from skin and add to bowl with remaining filling ingredients. Blend to creamy. Add soy milk if too thick, but shouldn’t be sloppy.
Taste. Depending on the sweetness of the pumpkin, add more maple syrup/molasses, or more spice.
Spoon into cheesecake tin, smooth off until even on top. Bake at gas mark 4 (180 degrees C) for 30-40 mins. The top should go a darker brown and begin to split.