Creamy stove top version. This makes a lot, may be worth halving the quantities!
- 1 Ltr milk of your choice (1.5 pints)
- 130 g shortgrain rice
- pinch of salt
- Cinnamon stick
- 300 g silken tofu
- 100 ml maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- 100 g raisins
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Put milk, rice and salt in your saucepan.
- Boil & reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes. Add cinnamon stick half way through, stirring often.
- Whilst cooking, put tofu into a sieve, weighting it down with a heavy bowl in order to extract approx 50ml of water.
- Once the rice is cooked, blend tofu until smooth and whip with maple syrup.
- Add this to the rice, cook (don’t boil) for another 15mins
- Finally, stir in raisins & vanilla essence. Remove from heat, leaving to cool. To set further, place in fridge. Or just eat warm. Enjoy!
This comes highly recommended by a Unicorn Member.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!