Tasty and simple, thanks to the Minimalist Baker, serves 4
- 2 red peppers
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 360 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- Optional: Pinch red chilli flakes for heat
- 340 g gluten-free linguini or spaghetti
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 260c and roast peppers until charred - about 25-30 minutes. Cover in foil for 10 minutes to steam, then peel away the charred skin, seeds and stems.
- Cook pasta according to instructions; drain, toss in olive oil, cover with a towel and set aside.
- While the peppers are roasting, sauté onion and garlic in 2-3 tbsp olive oil until golden brown and soft. Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Remove from heat, then blend with the roasted peppers, almond milk, red pepper flake, nutritional yeast and cornstarch.
- Blend until creamy and smooth, taste and add more seasoning or nutritional yeast for flavour. Place sauce back over medium low heat to thicken then add the noodles. Serve with vegan parmesan, red chilli flakes and fresh chopped parsley or basil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!